12 November 2008

Kansas City Here I Come...


Oh.. Wait - I'm here already. Check out the view from my room! It's the Kansas City WWII Memorial. Holy cow it's been a long time since I've blogged. But it's really been crazy. Last week we wrapped up our 1st Farm Credit Services Harvest Tour, then it was an incredible Election Day (nothing like being able to take part in history first hand), and then to wrap things up, my first "real" Illinois Ag Leadership Foundation "class". It was held in the Quad Cities at the John Deere World Headquarters. What an incredible experience. I am so excited to be able to take part in this program. I will have a lot to talk about with that program over the next two years - so I won't bore you with all the details today.

I am not quite sure - but all the morning guys I work with (Greg, Danny and Dan) keep singing "Kansas City Here I Come" every morning preceeding my morning updates. It's very entertaining to hear all of them singing - yet somewhat scary at the same time. I may need to send them some new material.

So you may be wondering why I am in Kansas City. I thought I'd take some time to explain what goes on here so you don't think I'm just partying all the time. And there is plenty of that, too, but there is a lot of business that goes on over the next few days.

So - as your Farm Broadcaster I am a member of the National Association of Farm Broadcasting and every year many of us converge on Kansas City to learn about new things in Agriculture... From "Trade Talk" which is Thursday to the Presidents Banquet (aka roast) on Friday Night... There are numerous new things we take back from the sessions. On today's show you will hear from Cindy Cunningham with the National Pork Board about a program they are sponsoring Friday afternoon. All in all - it's a lot of work but it's very interesting and educational.

That's all the time I have for now - Secretary of Agriculture Ed Schafer is about to speak with his opening comments. I'll talk to ya'll on the radio..

Meghan

No comments: