23 September 2008

So I'm Back on the "blogging" Wagon.


I am so horrible at this. Wait... atrocious at doing this. Let's face it... I'm a horrible blogger. I guess I figure I have better things to be doing then talking about myself. So.. I'm going to talk about what we've done this summer. The 2008 Prairie Farms Dairy Hometown Fairs and Festivals Tour ended a couple of weeks ago - and we had so much fun. I really am blessed with such a great staff to work with. Mike is an awesome engineer and he's always prepared. If you want to see more pictures of our 2008 PFD Hometown Fairs and Festivals Tour click on the picture and it will take you to the Ag website. We're getting ready to start our 2008 1st Farm Credit Services Harvest Tour. When we talked to Joe last it sounds like we'll be at a few elevators and a few farms throughout Central Illinois Currently it's National Farm Safety and Health week and this week we're headed to the Pharis Farm in Logan County as part of our Harvest Tour and the Meals In The Field Program that Farm Credit Services of Illinois does to promote a safe harvest. This is our first year doing that - I'll let you know how that works out for us!
So what else have we be up to at Classic Country 1290 WIRL this summer? We were in Boone, IA for the Farm Progress Show. It was a very, very wet three days in Iowa. But needless to say - it was definitely entertaining and educational experience. We're looking forward to the show moving back to Decatur, IL next year (hrrm, I suppose I ought to make my hotel reservations pretty soon.... maybe tomorrow).
A new thing we've added. We've embraced the "Twitter" technology. Keep track of what we're "twittering" about by clicking HERE.
I think that's good for now, right? Remember it's National Farm Safety and Health Week - and with harvest just around the corner... remember to take it safe!

No comments: