30 August 2009

Me and Hank Snow Are Tight...

If you're not aware - Hank Snow sings that song "I've Been Everywhere". It is one of my favorites.. But I truly live that lifestyle. We travel a lot during the summer - locally for all the county fairs and festivals- but things really kick up this time of year and run through March/April of the following year. I'm currently sitting in my hotel room in Jacksonville, IL (hello)- not the most exotic of places - but definitely something to talk about.

Today we had the opportunity to hear about Liberty Link with Ignite from not only the folks at Bayer that work with the product but from other companies that are using the technologies. It is always interesting to hear from the growers as well as the companies that are going to be using and selling these products.

Tomorrow is slated to be a day full of educational things. We're starting our day at the plot in Athens and wrapping up at the Research Station in White Heath. This has been such an interesting and trying year for producers - I'm anxious to see what is in store tomorrow. That means you'll have to check back for more information.

After tomorrow we head to Decatur for Farm Progress City. I am really excited for Farm Progress Show this year... I think there are going to be some great things going on in Decatur and I urge you to make the trip down there! If you are - we'll be at the NuTech booth on Tuesday, Illinois Corn Growers on Wednesday and Illinois Soybean Association on Thursday. Make sure to look us up!

Until tomorrow night...


From a different hotel room..

In a different city...

No comments: